Springfield Business Journal has locked in its 2013 class of 12 People You Need to Know.
2013 marks the sixth year for SBJ’s monthly breakfast series, and with the newest class, we bring our count of featured guests up to 72.
Arvest Bank, which has sponsored the event since its 2008 launch, has signed on for 2013, and the breakfast interview events will be held at Hilton Garden Inn for the third year.
Our editorial team sat down to carve out a list of up-and-coming professionals in the community, businesspeople who have relocated to the area, behind-the-scenes individuals who get the job done and well-known names we felt our readers and event attendees would like to get to know better. SBJ Editor Eric Olson sits down each month to interview the featured guests in front of a live audience.
The class of 2013, in alphabetical order, comprises:
- Jim Baker, vice president for research and economic development and international programs at Missouri State University;
- Nadia Cavner of the Nadia Cavner Group at BancorpSouth;
- Michael Chatman, senior vice president of philanthropy for Community Foundation of the Ozarks;
- Andy Kuntz, president of Andy’s Frozen Custard;
- David Leong of Leong’s Asian Diner and the father of Springfield-style cashew chicken;
- Kay Logsdon, editor of The Food Channel;
- William Mahoney, president and CEO of Skaggs Regional Medical Center, which is slated to become Cox Medical Center Branson on Jan. 1;
- David Manuel, incoming president of Drury University;
- Scott Miller, general manager of City Utilities;
- Dottie Mullikin, executive director of Isabel’s House;
- Nick Nelson, director of the Springfield Art Museum; and
- Pam Pure, CEO of Ozark-based home care software developer HealthMedX, who in 2008 was listed as the No. 16 Highest Paid Woman by CNNMoney.com.
We’ll be wrapping up the 2012 series on Dec. 18 with Phill Burgess, vice president of sales and revenue management for John Q. Hammons Hotels & Resorts. It’s a strong end to what has amounted to a great year of interviews.
2008-12 classes of 12 People You Need to Know:
Dr. Bharat Shah
Dr. Chris Miller
Dr. David Anderson
Regina Greer Cooper
Dr. Remi Fasipe
Guy Colby Mace
Dr. Roger Huckfeldt
Rob Murray III